FEELING CRAP - THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." — Mahatma Gandhi



FEELING CRAP!
I've been feeling pretty under the weather for the past week or so, physically and emotionally, hence the break from blogging; I've got quite a few blog posts half or nearly finished but haven't had the energy or ability to concentrate on finishing them, boooo. It's not easy to carry on with life consistently sometimes, and that's okay, I just wish the physical illness and mental fatigue had some sense of decency to not gang up on me at one time. This isn't an entirely new thing for me, I can get overwhelmed with life at times and find focusing on the nice things in life extremely hard which sucks, but I'm starting to learn to not hate myself for it and just be kind to myself. Because of this I've decided to create a new section to this blog: FEELING CRAP! I know, it doesn't sound positive, but the FEELING part of this blog is going to be dedicated to emotional or personal issues and discussions. I want this section to not only help myself, but help others, so I'll be sharing things that help me day to day, positive affirmations, advice and so on.

Sooo, I thought I'd ease myself back in with something nice, positive and easy on my poor befuddled mind and relevant to this new bit of the blog. Here's my small list of things that have been making me happy lately, because you should always try and focus on the nice things:


the start of autumn
I've never been a fan of the summer, the only perk of it being my birthday in July and the school holidays. I'm much more of an autumn and winter girl, so as soon as it hits October I get pretty excited; I love jumpers, jeans, blankets and hot drinks so I really come into my element once things get chillier, plus autumn means Halloween and Bonfire Night, my two favourite holidays of the year. This autumn I'm aiming to finally tick off 'get a pumpkin spice latte' off my foodie bucket list because, being a pleb, I've always forgotten to get one. I know, it's appalling.


graduating
This is a bit of a late one, seeing as I graduated in July, but I'm still feeling the same amount of pride and accomplishment now as I did when I donned my hat and gown and spent my five seconds on stage. It did go by as a bit of a blur on the day, I mostly just remembering high-fiving my granddad on my way down and hearing my flatmates cheer for me (much love to Dan and Max), then eating an excessive amount of macaroons and drinking quite a bit of free Buck's fizz. I honestly never thought I would be able to get to university, let alone mange the four years I was there. After a pretty dismal first year, I went into my second year without much hope of doing well and found it extremely hard, but after deciding to intermit my second year I found myself in a much better place and managed to graduate with a high 2:1, (I got 68% which is equally amazing yet also terribly frustrating). Graduating proved something to myself that I can cope even when things do get horrifically hard for me and that I am capable of going where I want in life..and that when free food and drink are around I will consume my body weight in said freebies.


the new addition
On of our old cats, Salem, died quite recently at the ripe old age of 16. She was a huge part of my life and since her death we had a little black kitty shaped hole in our hearts. While we love our tabby, Penny, we really missed having two cats, and so did she. We decided to adopt a cat from Celia Hammond in Canning Town and got this monster, Esca. It's been a wonderful experience having a kitten; we got Salem when I was only 7 so I don't remember much about raising her so it's been a lot of fun seeing Esca grow, develop and go bonkers. One downside is that I now can't eat any food in peace...


blogging
This is extremely meta but blogging has made me very happy lately, even when I haven't been able to do it as of recent. I'm finding the whole process of collating ideas, images, writing my posts and editing them a lot of fun and extremely satisfying. I'd always toyed with blogs for the past few years but never managed to get a good rhythm going, or be able to get the blog looking or working as sleek as I have desired; HTML and CSS will never be my best friends, but I've manged to learn a few things over the years to keep this blog not looking like a total wreck. Maybe it's my maturity or the fact post-graduate life has given me much more free time, but I love being able to focus my time on something so productive and I truly do enjoy it, until my pictures don;t line up right, then it drives me mad.

So that's the four things that have made me happy, but what's made you happy lately? I'd love to know! I'd also love any suggestions for FEELING CRAP! So please don't hesitate comment below or get in touch with one of my social networks below!

goodreads, twitter, instagram