HOLY HUNGER - A NEW PART TO THE HOLY CRAP BLOG

“Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” ― Orson Welles


HOLY HUNGER!
So alongside being a art fan, book obsessed and a cat freak I'm also a bit of a foodie. At uni I was the one with the bottles of sriracha, oyster sauce and quark while my flatmates had cupboards filled with baked beans and noodles*. I can't remember how many times, when watching my flatmates eat a burnt oven pizza, I'd try to convince them to make their own because: "it's super easy guys! And cheap! And you can put whatever you want on it, and make it as big as you want and I can help!". Safe to say it never happened, but they did love it when I made cheesecake, bread and biscuits so I think they were content having just one person utilising the blender on a frequent basis.

The foodie and literary world go hand in hand for me, with the plethora of food-based literature out there appealing to the bibliophile in me. While this blog was initially intended to solely be just for books, I've decided to slowly branch out a bit and explore my other interests, while still under the scope of literature of course. HOLY HUNGER! is a sub-section of this blog that will be dedicated to an emulsion of food and books with some witticism thrown in.

I've got quite a few posts planned out including foodie fiction recommendations, cookbook lists (organised by style or type of food), and even some artistic endeavours with my depictions of books and their characters as food illustrations, and maybe even the odd literary inspired recipe thrown in. I'm aware that this might be a bit further afield that most book blogs made endeavour to go, but HOLY CRAP! is a lovechild of all the crazy parts of my mind and it feels wrong to limit myself to only some of my passions when they can all work cohesively together.

If you have any ideas or feedback then please let me know by commenting below or contacting me on one of my social networks below!

goodreads, twitter, instagram